Virgin Islands Triathlon Federation - St Thomas, St Croix, St John, United States Virgin Islands
1) This course is 100% free to all participants.
2) All participants must either be endorsed by their local triathlon federation or must be or become members of Virgin Islands Triathlon ($40 - $35 renewal).
3) Unless otherwise agreed upon, candidates must pay a $100 fully refundable deposit to secure their slot in the course. We apologize for the inconvenience, however, many candidates who verbally committed for the previous course did not show and subsequently many who would have attended could not. All deposits will be refunded in cash upon attendance and completion of the course. Deposit payments may be made via PayPal to email@example.com.
4) A computer or tablet is required to complete the online portion of the course work.
5) You must attend all 5 days of ITU instruction (Monday-Friday) to receive your deposit refund and your coaching certification.
6) Participants will need a bike, helmet, running shoes, and swim cap and goggles. If you don’t want to travel with your bike, you may rent you one for hands-on course work for $15/day (1-2 days). If you’d like to do more riding or would like to rent a bike for Sunday’s race, we will happily rent you one for $35/day. If you’re going to ride or race, you may also want to bring your bike shoes, pedals and gloves.
7) You must complete and return the application below bu August 5th.
What’s in it for you:
- The course is 100% free.
- Airport transfers are included.
- Daily lunch is included.
- The lead instructor will be Mr. Alan Ley (my mentor and a fantastic coach!)
- The classroom sessions will take place at the beautiful Buccaneer Resort.
- Pool sessions will take place at the Good Hope Country Day School pool.
- The course will take place from November 28, 2016 to December 2, 2016. It will include classroom lectures and hand-on practical instruction outside.
Lodging: The host hotel is the Buccaneer Resort. Room rates for participants is $150/night + tax. Call Vickie Locke at 1.800.712.2100 for reservations.
Flights: The code for the Henry E. Rohlsen arport is STX. STX is serviced by most major air carriers. You must arrive no later than November 27 so that you may be in class Monday morning.
Optional course offerings: We hope you’ll consider staying until Monday December 5th. On Saturday December 3rd, we will have an open discussion on Youth & Junior specific training, Event Development and Hosting and Training Peaks usage. Training peaks is an online coaching platform considered to be the best in the industry.
Sunday December 4th, the shortest & funnest race you’ll ever do! http://www.vitf.org/bote.html. Participate, apply your newly gained knowledge or both!
Expectations of VI resident candidates:
Virgin Islands Triathlon has worked extremely hard to provide you with this free coaching course. Our expectation is that you show your appreciation by actively assisting with our youth and junior programs including the 7 events plus other clinics we host annually. We also ask that you “adopt” an athlete for both the betterment of the athlete and to improve your skills as a coach. Junior coaches will be giving mentorship, continued education and free access to VI Triathlon’s Training Peaks account. Our juniors are the future of our sport and our community and we’re excited to have you help shape that future!